Count down to Due date of my Second Blessing

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Way Of Basically Basic Cooking - 1 - Tea

Hello All,

I remember when I was growing up around 12yrs , relatives visiting from my native place to Bangalore used to ask my Mother - Chaaya poda theriyuma? (Does She know how to make Tea?). I used to long to put my nose up in the air and declare my competence in washing dishes, grinding thuvayal on the ammi kal, pounding spices in th ural etc etc .... making tea, that was jujubi for me. My mother was strict in that respect , it was her opinion that even a maharani had to know how to do the work properly so that she can supervise her servants properly. So began my training at an early age...

And no, I didnt say anything, meekly went to the Kitchen to make Tea, we were to show respect to elders however tactless they are.

Making Tea My Way:

Ingredients: (Two people)
Whole Milk - 1 cup
Water 1 Cup
Tea Dust or Powder  - 2 tsp
Sugar to taste
Ginger (Crushed) - 1tsp (Optional)
Cardomom Powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)

Method:
Rinse vessel nicely with fresh water, add Milk and water and keep on stove to boil. Adjust flame so that it coves only the base of the vessel. Dont waste gas. After it comes to a boil, turn the heat to sim. Add tea leaves, ginger & cardomom if using. Boil till you get required aroma colour and if required kaduppu.
Check whether any of your guests need tea without sugar. (Diabetics, Dieters). Add sugar to taste. Strain through fine seive. Serve immediately with a smile. Throw residue in dust bin, rinse strainer immediately and keep in its place, otherwise next time you have to search for it in the sink. Soak vessel immediately in water to make it easy for cleaning. Keep away all the things you have taken out back in their places.

If you get any complaints blame me or the tea leaves Ha ha ..

Fathima








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...