Count down to Due date of my Second Blessing

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Melagu Jeeraka Podi (Pepper Cumin Powder)


Melagu Jeeraga Podi
 This is one of the powders that is prepared regularly in our family. This is used for omelettes, sprinkled on boiled eggs, to add kick to curries, etc. It is very simple to prepare but adds a zing to whatever curry you add it to.
Ingredients:
Pepper corns (Black) - 1/2 cup
Jeera (Whole) - 1/2 cup
Salt - 2tsps.

Roast pepper on low to medium flame in a dry kadai till hot. Be careful not to burn. Do the same with jeera also. When both are cool powder till fine in a mixie. Store in an airtight container. I mostly make enough for one months use.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Fathima!
    But oops, I didn't understand the other words mor milagai, etc [I'm not South Indian :)] ... Anyway, I'm linking this powder to my post :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...