Count down to Due date of my Second Blessing

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Seven Cup Sweet

Or should I say 3 1/2 cup sweet ?

Of the three of us, me my DD & my DH, only my DH has a sweet tooth. So I make sweets rarely. My sweet making takes place during Ramdaan time, and when guests come. This is a simple sweet, nutritious sweet, easy to make and good for children. Bigger people can limit themselves to one piece if they can ;-).

The actual recipe is as follows, I halved the recipe.

1 cup - kadala maavu (Besan aka Chick pea Flour)
1 cup - Cocnut finely grated (avoid the brown part near the shell)
1 cup - Milk
1 cup - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
3 cups - Granulated Sugar

Take a heavy bottom pan, heat it, reduce the flame, add ghee, add besan, grated coconut, fry a little, then add other ingredients.
Stir continously for fifteen mins or so on medium flame. The whole mixture will give a toasted aroma and change colour slightly and come off the sides.
You can add 1/2 tsp of cardomom powder for flavouring, but it is optional.
Pour into greased plate and cut into squares or diamonds when half set. Break apart when fully set. I got around 15 pieces which will last around three days in my house :-)

Dont they look glossy ?



2 comments:

  1. Sweet looks lovely ... I am glad that I bumped onto your blog..:))
    Very traditional and authentic..:)
    I especially like the "Neeragaram" recipe..:))
    Glad to follow you..:))
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment, I am rather fond of traditional recipes. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...